Sunday, January 3, 2010

My journey toward emancipation begins...

From here on out, this will be referred to as my JTE - much easier to type than "journey toward emancipation." And by emancipation, I mean freedom from these heavy, saggy BOOBS! That is right, tomorrow I begin my JTE with my first consultation with Dr. Eyssen. Why Dr. Eyssen? Well, several reasons - he comes highly recommended, is associated with the cosmetic surgery group in Chatt with the absolute best reputation and...there's a saying in the medical community in this area: "Dr. Eyssen makes nice 'uns." So...my sense of humor has once again helped me make a huge decision.

Although now I don't see anything funny about this JTE! It seemed like a great idea a few weeks ago when I called for the appointment...now, I feel like a big chicken sheeyut (I'm trying not to cuss this year - so far so good).

I have literally stayed in bed all day for two reasons: 1. I don't want to return to work tomorrow and 2. I'm a bit freaked out about having to stand in front of some man I don't know in my underwear (or worse - naked) and have him critique my 44-year-old body. Sheez, I hope he gets paid well - wait...I'll be the one paying him well!

I'm going to try to keep a journal here of this journey - this trip toward boob freedom. These heavy, cumbersome appendages have caused me much heart ache, anxiety and pretty much dictated what I wear for years now. It's time for me to show them who the boss really is...that would be me. To do that, I need some redesigning, reshaping, lifting and hoisting. I need Dr. Eyssen for that.

Lots of things will depend on when this gets done - I have to be in Orlando on business Feb. 11 - if he can get me scheduled with at least 10 good days of recuperationg between now and then, I'll have the procedure done this month. If not, I'll have to wait until after April 15th. Either way, by summer, I'll have a new set (provided my blood pressure is good and I'm a good candidate for the surgery...and the price tag won't break the bank). These are all questions that will be answered during my consultation tomorrow. Until then, I will rummage around and find my nicest panties and bra for my introduction to Dr. Eyssen.

I'll surely need a shot of tequila or a cigarette afterwards...

No comments: