Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bloglect...Is That A Word?

It should be - it should be an official term used to describe people who start blogs and then abandon them (not mentioning any names, Jo). That's what I've done - created a blog and left it, suspended in mid-air for days on end...it's not that I haven't had things to say - I ALWAYS have lots to say. But tax season and sporting events have kept me hopping and disconnected from cyberspace. So here's a quick update...

Allan's AAU basketball experience has come to an end (we think - there may be one more tournament but officially - it's over!) Lots of hard works and lots of miles on the Blazer but what an improvement in that child's game I have seen. He's had a lot of playing time, scored quite a few points, has become more aggressive on the court, learned to apply pressure when on defense, and has developed an awesome tip-off technique (Lord knows he needs to use that 6'1" stature for something useful!) I'm very proud of him. I did make a horrible mistake last weekend, though. He was fouled and ready to shoot his first free throw and I shouted, "You can do it, sweetie!" It just came out! I clapped my hand over my mouth the moment I did it because I knew...oh, how I knew that was the wrong thing to say. Now his teammates (and parents) call him sweetie. I've traumatized him for life.

Reece's Dizzy Dean local league season is halfway over (THANK GAWD!) Our team is terrible - and I can say that because I'm sleeping with the coach! LOL - yes, my long-suffering husband agreed to coach Reece's team. And I can't blame our 0-6 record on him...we just have a lot of inexperienced boys on the team and it's difficult to develop an understanding of the game, the rules, and even HOW TO SWING A BAT with 12 kids in a few practices. Some of these boys had never even picked up a Louisville Slugger until our first practice. But they're all showing improvement, we're closing the gap in our ending scores, I've finally mastered keeping the scorebook (and running the scoreboard with the PA system OFF!), and the boys have devoured pounds upon pounds of sunflower seeds so life is getting better at the ball park.

That's about it for now. I'm going to try to lose the "bloglect" label this week and catch up on other thoughts and musings including recently read (and adored) books, my favorite new music, etc. Hang with me...

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I'm hangin'. And I'm stealing the term, "bloglect." I could have used it last week.